CAC & MHA PARTNERSHIP PORTAL
MHA Service Corporation, a subsidiary of the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA), has partnered with Class Action Capital, a market leader in class action settlement claim management. Class Action Capital is already successfully working with a very large number of hospitals, healthcare facilities and state hospital associations across the country helping to recover substantial refunds on their behalf from a number of recent class action settlements. The MHA Service Corporation will now offer these value-added services to its members.
Many hospitals do not have the time, resources or relevant data available to file a settlement claim, and Class Action Capital will work with them to submit a fully comprehensive claim recovery, while minimizing the use of their employees’ time, internal resources and the risk of errors when managing claims themselves.
CRT Antitrust Litigation – $33,000,000
- Eligibility:This litigation will reimburse all persons and entities who from March 1, 1995 through November 25, 2007 indirectly purchased a CRT product in an eligible state for their own use and not for resale.
- Cathode Ray Tube Products means Cathode Ray Tubes of any type (e.g. color display tubes, color picture tubes, and monochrome display tubes) and finished products, which contain Cathode Ray Tubes, such as Televisions and Computer Monitors.
- Deadline: TBD
Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Settlement – $205,000,000
• The lawsuit claims the defendants conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize prices of Optical Disk Drives (ODDs) at artificially high levels in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and various state laws. Your facility is likely eligible if you purchased for your own use and not for resale: (i) a computer with an internal ODD; (ii) a stand-alone ODD designed for interna l use in a computer; or (iii) an ODD designed to be attached externally to a computer. The class period is April 2003 through December 2008.
• ODD refers to a DVD-RW, DVD-ROM or COMBO drive manufactured by one or more defendants or their co-conspirators.
• Deadline: TBD
Lithium Ion Batteries Indirect Purchaser Settlement – $106,950,000 (with more expected)
- The Lithium Ion Batteries Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Settlement will reimburse all persons and entities who, from January 1, 2000 through May 31, 2011, indirectly purchased a Lithium Ion Battery (“Li-Ion Batteries”) or Lithium Ion Products (“Li-Ion Products”) containing Lithium Ion Battery Packs in the United States for their own use and not for resale from one or more of the Defendants. Li-Ion Products include portable computers, power tools and camcorders.
Payment Card Interchange Fee Settlement –
• On September 18, 2018 an agreement was reached on behalf of all merchants who accepted VISA and/or MasterCard branded credit or debit cards between January 1, 2004 through January 25, 2019. The settlement fund will be between $5.54 – $6.24 billion depending on the number of class members who exclude themselves from the settlement. On January 24, 2019, the court preliminarily approved the new settlement and in the coming months known class members are expected to be mailed notices about their legal rights, including their right to exclude themselves from participating in this settlement. Information about the settlement will also be published in a variety of media outlets. The tentative deadline for members to exclude themselves is July 23, 2019 with a fairness hearing tentatively scheduled for November 7, 2019.
• While claim forms are not available yet and potential claimants do not need to sign up with a third-party service in order to participate in any monetary relief, the difficulty may be understanding what information will be provided by the defendants, how that applies to your organization, as well as what additional information can be provided to the court administrator to ensure a complete claim. No-cost assistance will be available from the court administrator and class counsel during the claim filing period. If the Court grants the settlement final approval and any appeals are resolved, the Court will approve a claim process and establish a claim deadline. Updates about the settlement can be found on the official court authorized settlement website at: https://www.paymentcardsettlement.com